One of the best reasons to install replacement windows in your home is to lower your monthly heating and cooling costs by reducing your energy usage. Amazing Exteriors installs EnergyStar® certified Infinity® by Marvin windows that offer superior thermal performance.
The U.S. Department of Energy estimates that windows that are poorly insulated allow up to 25% of energy to “escape” from your home. During the warm summer months, your old windows can allow up to 50 percent of a home’s cooling energy to escape. The result is an air conditioning or heating system that has to work harder and use more energy than necessary. Replacement windows that are engineered to be more energy-efficient can solve that problem.
We are Energy Saving Experts
Choosing the best energy-efficient replacement windows is simple. Just call Amazing Exteriors! We are fully certified by Marvin to perform professional installation of their energy-efficient, custom-fit windows. Our expert team is all you need to greatly improve your home’s energy performance. Here’s how.
- Fiberglass Frame: Marvin’s durable fiberglass frame material is not only the strongest window frame on the market, it also offers insulating properties to help prevent heat and cold from penetrating through the window. This helps to create an overall thermal barrier to block the transfer of heat and cold between indoors and outdoors.
- High-Performance Glass: Every Infinity by Marvin window comes standard with Insulated High-Performance glass. While you can’t see the differences in glass, you will quickly come to appreciate them. Compared to ordinary dual-pane glass, Insulated Low-E4 High-Performance glass is 54% more energy efficient!
- Low-E Glass Coatings: Low-E (low emissivity) glass is an option on our high-quality replacement windows. Low-E glass features microscopic metallic coating on the glass surface to boost energy efficiency and significantly improve a window’s performance in preventing energy loss.
Read the Label!
Every Infinity by Marvin replacement window we install comes with a label from the NFRC (National Fenestration Research Council), an independent testing laboratory that measures the energy efficiency of new windows. Our NFRC label provides independent proof that our windows are of the highest quality and the most likely to increase the energy savings in your home. The window industry has an energy efficiency standard that was established by the NFRC that includes the following:
- U-Value: The U-value is one of the more important measures of the performance of a window. This value determines the rate at which heat flows through windows. Windows that are more energy efficient will have a lower U-value. The U-value is also the only acceptable measurement by the EnergyStar program of the US Department of Energy. The U-value measures everything in the window unit, including the glass, frame, sash and spacers.
- R-Value: The measure of the resistance of glass to the flow of heat is called the R-value. Windows that are better insulators will have a higher R-value. Because R-value does not measure the entire window unit, it is not an accepted measurement form of the NFRC or EnergyStar.
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient: SHGC determines how efficiently a window blocks heat that is created by sunlight, and is listed as a number between zero and one. The tiny amount of incident solar radiation that is admitted, absorbed, and then released through the window inwardly is the SHGC. Windows that transmit less solar heat will have a lower SHGC.
- Visible Transmittance: VT is used to measure how much light a window lets through. Used to indicate the amount of light that is visibly transmitted, the VT is an optical property and is usually shown as a number between zero and one. Windows that transmit more light will have a higher VT.
Call Now to Begin Saving Money on Heating & Cooling
Want to pay less to heat and cool your home? We can help with energy-efficient Infinity by Marvin replacement windows. Call us today at (512) 428-8417 or complete our convenient online request form to get started on a home improvement journey we promise will be enjoyable, exciting and satisfying.