Replacement windows come in a variety of styles, materials and shapes. So many in fact that making a choice can be difficult, especially with such broad range of housing styles. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Maintenance – Consider the exterior and interior of your home when choosing your replacement windows. Wood framed window and door replacements require periodic painting or staining. Vinyl framed windows won’t.
- Shape – Examine the shape of your existing windows and decide if you want to change them or duplicate them. Replacement windows can be square, rectangular, bow, bay or decorative.
- Energy Efficiency – Energy efficient replacement windows and doors can reduce the average homeowner’s heating and cooling costs by 30% or more. Look for Energy Star rated replacement windows and NFRC certification.
- Window Type – Think about your needs and wants. Do you want the window to open? Do you want more ventilation? Where do you want your screens – inside or out? Do you want them to tilt for easy cleaning? Many types of replacement windows are available including double hung, single hung, sliders, casements, awning, bay and bow.
- Installation – Choose the replacement window contractor wisely when making the purchase decision. Ask for references. Visit the showroom. View completed installations. Inquire about warranties.
These five tips will get you started. But the most important tip of all is to ask your neighbors if they can recommend a window replacement company. Most homeowners will willingly share the name of a good replacement window contractor – and they will just as willingly share the name of a poor one! Armed with that information, you can make an informed decision regarding your window replacement project!
Contact Amazing Exteriors for the Best Window Replacement!
Find out more about your window replacement options by calling us at (817) 756-4004 to get a free replacement window estimate.